Read time : 2 minutes, 45 seconds
Use the following points to gauge if you are doing all the right things you need to do to build trust on social media.
- Share high-quality content.
- Be where your followers are!
- Nurture interaction on your social channels.
- Foster community engagement
- Follow the 80/20 posts rule. 80% useful or interesting info, 20% about you.
- Encourage user-generated content.
- Ask customers to review your company or product.
- Use trustworthy links in your posts.
- Provide an insider’s view.
- Have consistent branding across your platforms
- Stream events live.
- Be authentic, human & transparent.
- Establish your unique tone of voice
- Hashtags are your friend
- Have a posting schedule
What’s the 80 – 20 Rule?
Your content should never be all about selling or promoting your products or services. A good practise to follow is the 80 – 20 rule; where 80% of your content should be informative or entertaining and non-promotional while the other 20% can talk about your brand or product.
By sharing content that adds value to your audience and doesn’t push your product or service too much, your audience is more likely to stay and listen to what you have to say, engage more with your content, trust your brand and be more receptive to any promotional content you do share – which can lead to more conversions! Interaction builds trust and trust is essential for any successful business.
What is User-Generated Content?
User-Generated Content (UGC) is essentially content created by your audience. This can be images, videos or even great product reviews that can then be shared across your socials! By giving your audience a voice to share what matters to them, you are also building content.
This not only builds social proof but positions your brand as authentic which builds trust with your audience.
Some great methods of obtaining user-generated content include the following:
- Encourage blog comments & discussion
- Push for customer reviews wherever possible
- User-generated videos
- User-generated blog posts
- Photo sharing
The Importance of Community Management
While social media is great for marketing purposes it’s important to remember that its primary function is for socialising. So when your customers reach out to you – make sure you respond!
Not only is this great customer service, but it’s also a great way of connecting with your audience and showing that you value their support and opinions. Engaging in these conversations with your customers is one of the best ways to build a community around your brand.
Interacting at this level helps to create a genuine relationship between you and your audience, which can make them loyal customers and in turn great brand ambassadors. This means you might even get some great and uber-sharable UGC from them!
Why ask customers for reviews?
Online reputation is a big part of brand perception. The Facebook & Google review features have made businesses accountable through their FREE business pages and listings. Asking customers for reviews helps to build your brand’s reputation, giving you credibility whilst building a brand people can trust. Reviews answer questions customers might have about your brand or product from another user’s point of view. These valuable insights provide the social proof needed to influence the customer’s decision.
Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and take risks but do your research and get familiar with the possible outcomes before you do. It’s ok to feel vulnerable but that is where bravery comes in. Remember, nobody moves forward by standing in one place. Always keep your goals in sight and move toward them.